Baked Sweet Potato Recipe:
Method: 1 hour 10 minutes
This is a great healthy and indulgent alternative to satisfy your need for some delicious comfort food. Feel free to adjust the recipe to your own cravings; you can add mince instead of kidney beans or even add some cheese on top at the end. Try it out and let me know how you go!
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans
- ½ cup of mushrooms
- ½ an avocado
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1tbsp taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius
- Wash sweet potato skin. Poke approximately 10 holes in the sweet potato using a fork. This is so that the sweet potato doesn’t explode when baking
- Bake sweet potato for 50 minutes. Check if it is ready by cutting a vertical line down the sweet potato – if it is easy to cut and softened it is ready.
- Dice garlic and mushrooms and sauté in pan.
- Add kidney beans and taco seasoning until cooked through. Add spinach last and sauté until wilted.
- Dice tomato and avocado.
- Place kidney bean mix in the middle of the sweet potato adding tomato and avocado on top. Add any other desired toppings and VOILA! You’re a chef!
- Optional Extras: Add grated cheese or sour cream if desired.
E N J O Y