Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 5 people
1 whole cauliflower
2 cans of Chickpeas
1 tbsp of Paprika
Pinch of Salt
1 head of Kale
1 cup of cooked Quinoa
1 cup of unsweetened canned Corn
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
1/3 Cup of Grainy Mustard
1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
2 cloves of Garlic
½ Cup of water
½ tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp of Sweetener (rice malt syrup/maple syrup/honey)
Pinch of Salt
*Optional: ¼ cup of chopped nuts on top for crunch
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Pull apart large cauliflower florets into smaller bit size pieces and place in bowl. Drain and rinse chickpeas and place in bowl.
- Mix in paprika, pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of Olive oil. Toss in bowl. Place on baking sheet and put in oven for 45 minutes checking at halfway.
- Cook quinoa or use prepackaged and cooked quinoa.
- Pull off kale from stems and cut into smaller pieces. Place in bowl with 1 tbsp of Olive Oil and massage the kale for a few minutes until you notice the leaves start to soften and it will reduce in size. Massaging the kale will diminish the bitterness and make it kale much more enjoyable to eat.
- Combine quinoa, kale, and rinsed corn in bowl.
- Once the cauliflower and chickpeas are cooked add them to the salad.
- Pour on dressing and nuts if desired and enjoy!
- Combine mustard, olive oil, garlic, apple cider vinegar, salt and ¼ cup of water to small blender and blend.
- Add more water if needed until the dressing is a milky thickness texture