Lentil Stuffed Capsicum:
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 can of Cooked Lentils
1 can of Unsweetened Canned Corn
½ Cup of Mushrooms
¼ Cup of Zuchinni
1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
1 Cup of Spinach
1 tsp Vegetable Stock
½ Cup Soaked Cashews
¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
½ tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Clove Garlic
2 tbsp Water
Pinch of Salt
- Set oven for 220 Degrees Celsius on fan forced bake.
- Dice onion, zucchini, mushrooms. Add to saucepan.
- Cook quinoa in vegetable stock until water is fully absorbed (or add vegetable stock to microwavable quinoa pack).
- Chop the tops off of capsicum and core out the middle to have hollow capsicum.
- Add lentil, corn and spinach to pan.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking combine with vegetables and fill up capsicums.
- Place in on parchment paper in baking tray and place in over for 15 minutes. Checking at 10 minutes. When the outside of the capsicum starts to bubble and slightly crisp take out.
- Cut in half and add Cheese Sauce.
- Place soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and apple cider vinegar in blender with 2 tbsp of water. (If you don’t have time to soak your cashews place them in boiling water for 5 minutes and they should become soft enough)
- If it is too thick and getting stuck continue to add water tbsp at a time until it becomes a tick sauce like consistency.